The Creative Institute
The Creative Institute at Actors Theater of Minnesota is committed to providing a creative educational experience in an environment of collaboration and openness.
- Do you want to increase your creative side but have no interest in being on stage?
Then our Improv 101 classes are for you.
- Do you want to gain skills as a performer and gain an edge in auditions?
Then our Conservatory classes are for you.
- Do you work in a corporate setting and find the need to increase your ability in the areas of communication, innovation, team building, and people management?
Then our Corporate Training Classes are for you.
- Are you between the ages of 13-18 and do you have an interest in performing and learning skills that will also build self-esteem?
Then our Youth Institute is for you.
- Lunch with a Purpose — Join us for this exciting new lunch series in downtown St. Paul.
- Creating with Purpose: A New Approach to Brainstorming — The Creative Institute’s latest class, you will learn a new method of brainstorming which infuses energy and helps you create innovative ideas.
What clients say about the Creative Institute
“Improv classes helped me in my work life and my personal life to more effectively communicate and problem solve I would recommend these classes for anyone who wants to learn a creative outlet for their lives.”
- Michelle C.
“The Improv for Auditions class gave me more confidence and I started getting more on-camera work almost immediately after taking this class.”
- Sara R
Our Corporate Training:
“Our organization has benefited greatly from John’s ability to instruct and help us apply some key, definitely translatable principles of improvisation. I will continue to bring John Haynes in for both speaking and strategy sessions.”
- Lori Crever, VP, International Finance, Wells Fargo
“John was extremely engaging and made people feel at ease by calling out what everyone already does and don’t want to admit. The humor he was able to bring to a topic about communication was great! It
did not feel like an hour and a half had gone by—I wanted it to keep going. Two thumbs up!”
- Saint Paul Hotel Training Participant
Our Corporate Entertainment:
“Thanks so much for the outstanding event today. I laughed until I had tears in my eyes. It was truly a very enjoyable event and a treat filled week.”
- Larson/King Employee
“The members of The Actors Theater brought life into our event and got the crowd excited as they helped generate excite and laughs which made our fundraiser a huge success.”
- Amy Cervin - Greater TwinCities United Way